Finite Dreams

A girl in search of the meaning of life. I'm slowly finding my place in this thing called life.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Finally....

I finally did it. Despite having a panic attack during the ceremony itself, I got married last Friday, May 26, 2006. It was a really small affair that was planned in under 2 weeks. I've just been so busy with work, neither Bryan or I were really able to give it any thought until the last minute.

I guess it was easier because it was only a civil ceremony so that cuts down the time spent on church seminars and other church requirements. Plus, we only rented a small function room in a condominuim for the reception. There was no program, just a dinner where we got to catch up with all our friends. Since we've only been together for under a year, a lot of his friends were meeting me for the first time and a lot of my friends got to talk to Bryan for the first time. I thought that was kind of funny.

No bouquet tosses, no professional photographers, no doves and all those other wedding reception rituals. I liked it that way...simple but meaningful. It wasn't a perfect wedding, but I loved every minute of it.

So here begins a new phase in my life. Thanks to all my friends who showed up despite the last minute notice and my apologies for those I wasn't able to invite because I didn't have your cell numbers. Don't worry, there's still the church wedding in 2 years. I'll make sure you'll all be there the next time.

Next up on my list, the baby's arrival in a few months....