Finite Dreams

A girl in search of the meaning of life. I'm slowly finding my place in this thing called life.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Scared

In a little over a month from now, I will be going on a 2-week business trip to the US. This is going to be the 1st time since we got married that I will be away from Bryan for more than a day. This is also going to be the first time when I have to leave my little girl, Mika. A part of me is a bit scared and guilty knowing that Mika is too young to be going through this sort of thing, but at the same time, I know this is part of my job. This will not be the last time as well since I am again scheduled to go back in April. Sigh...

I know I am never going to stop being a career woman, and I'm lucky to be living with someone who accepts that wholeheartedly. I'll try to keep the travelling to just 1 trip a year though. I don't want to miss out on the best years of Mika's childhood.