Finite Dreams

A girl in search of the meaning of life. I'm slowly finding my place in this thing called life.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Day 2

Busy, busy, busy. This time around, I have much more to do on my trip. Thank God the weather got better tonight so it was actually possible for me to go out without freezing. I like Fall in general.

My bosses took me to this restaurant in St. Paul. I wish I could've taken pictures because that area we went to had all the old mansions that we usually see in American movies. Minneapolis is more modern and fast-paced, but St. Paul is charming because it has more character to it.

I went to this pub called the Happy Gnome and had 1 of the dark beers. Then we went to this Italian restaurant which served pretty good food. I had chicken cacciatore and ravioli with lamb. Then I had a bottle of Tuscany wine. Great thing about the people I work with, they all like going home early, so by 9 PM, I was back in my hotel.

I love travelling. I guess there's always going to be this part of me that will want to get out and see the world alone every once in a while. I still want to go home though, but short trips are fine. I'm beginning to like this place. It's nice, clean and quiet. Anyway, I have to be back here by May for a conference. If the weather stays like this through the weekend, I'm actually going to Target to do some shopping.