Finite Dreams

A girl in search of the meaning of life. I'm slowly finding my place in this thing called life.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Mika's 2nd birthday

My daughter Mika just turned 2 years old yesterday. Since I am going to leave for Minnesotta this Sunday, we sort of decided not to have a birthday party for her. That didn't mean though that I wasn't going to find a way to celebrate it.

We decided to have a dinner for her together with Bryan's family. We just went to Megamall and ate at Mannangs which is one of Bryan and mine's favorite restaurants. Afterwards, we made her go on all the kiddie rides she wanted to try out and ended up chasing her through most of the mall.

I was craving for Krispy Kreme donuts and coffee so we went to their branch on the 1st floor of Megamall Bldg. B. When the staff found out that it was Mika's birthday, they surprised us by giving her a special donut with chocolate icing with the words "Happy Birthday Mika!" written on it. They even played Happy Birthday on their radio and came out with balloons. I swear that really made my day!

I'm really going to miss my baby girl when I leave for 2 weeks. Of course I'm going to miss Bryan too.