Finite Dreams

A girl in search of the meaning of life. I'm slowly finding my place in this thing called life.

Thursday, November 06, 2008

I should have

The past 2 days have been hard for me. I found out the other day that my daughter was rushed to the hospital because she had a very high fever and had a convulsion. Of course, being half-way across the world. all I could wait was for some news about how she was doing.

She's fine, but the in the last few days, I was thinking, I should have been there for her. I should have been the one bringing her to the hospital. Maybe it's time I went home, but then, it would still take me 2 days to get back.

Then on the flip-side, I thought about it and said to myself, that if I weren't working, she wouldn't have the medical coverage that would allow her to get the best medical care possible.